Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ten Weeks....and Counting!

Yesterday, Carter turned 10 weeks old! Time is flying by, and I still feel so lucky to have this precious baby. I catch myself just smiling thinking about him and looking forward to all the time I get to spend with him in the mornings, evenings, and weekends.

Some things he is doing as a big 10 week old:
  • Smiling A LOT - those wide open mouth smiles that melt your heart
  • Laughing a little - he will do a little laugh that sounds like "hmm" with a smile but hasn't actually giggled yet
  • Batting at object and getting excited when he sees his mobile or hears music
  • STILL sleeping with his hands out of the covers, and mostly above his head
  • Sitting up pretty well when he's on the couch or in a chair - his neck is getting stronger and he likes being able to take everything in

Ways he's still Mommy's baby:

  • When he's upset, he still wants to be held and snuggled really close and tightly
  • He typically will calm down quicker for me than anyone else, which makes me feel so good!

These pictures were taken yesterday when Carter and Nikki met me for lunch. He is wearing an adorable outfit given to him by my friend Allison. He woke up about 5 minutes after we got to the restaurant, so I got to hold him for my entire lunch hour.

He was all smiles and any way I'd turn him, he would search for my face and just smile and look at me....talk about a lunch date made in Heaven!



All bundled up when we first arrived - isn't this outfit too precious?



Waking up and ready to get out of that jacket and into Mommy's arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment