Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Afternoon at the Park

On Tuesday, November 10, we had a big day. Derrick and I took off work and took Carter to see the dentist, Dr. Bill Burriss, at 10:30 in the morning. He did really well - walked around the office, played a little in the waiting room, and even talked some to Dr. Bill. However, he did cry once when Dr. Bill looked at his 4 teeth and in his mouth. I was so excited to take him because Dr. Bill was my pediatric dentist, and I absolutely loved him and know Carter will, too. Derrick liked him as well and even worked in some football conversation to boot!

That same afternoon, we had the big ultrasound to find out if baby #2 was a boy or a girl. Derrick and I were both thinking boy....and we were RIGHT! We are so thrilled to be welcoming another little boy to our family. We have enjoyed every moment with Carter and know he will be a great big brother and that boy #2 will be a wonderful addition to our family.

We both like C names, and so far we have it narrowed down to Cade or Cole. For the middle name, I'd ideally like to have another O name, so their initials would be the same, but we both like Thomas and it's a family name on both sides. What are your thoughts - Cade Thomas Pennington or Cole Thomas Pennington? I will never forget when we were pregnant with Carter and debating between Carter or Cade, Derrick would ask everyone which one sounded more like a football player!

To celebrate finding out the sex of the new baby, we picked up Carter early and headed to the park on Powell Road in Collierville. For the first time, Carter was able to go to the "big kid" part with slides, monkey bars, bridges, and other fun stuff. There are no swings on that side, though, so we still ventured over to baby-land and let him swing for a little bit. The weather was perfect, warm and breezy, and we had a great time entertaining him.


Carter & Daddy entering the playground


Slide, Carter


Look at me, walking around all by myself!


He loved sliding and would smile SO BIG!


Carter & Mommy


Swinging high and hanging on...


Check me out, Mom!


Holding his hands up and saying "Whee!"


Still swinging


Look how big my baby has gotten


Hey Dad, look at these leaves I found!


Not a great picture, but he LOVES it when Derrick throws him in the air :)
We are so blessed to have you, Carter, and can't imagine our lives without you. You are my little buddy, my sunshine boy, my heart, and my sweet baby. Never forget how much Mommy loves you....to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment