Monday, February 15, 2010

Soup Self-Feeder

Carter usually sits in a big chair at the regular dinner table each night and will feed himself dry things (like bread, a sandwich, etc) and let us feed him more messy things (like spaghetti, soup, etc.) Last night, however, he threw the biggest fit ever - think crying so hard he was making himself sick, not be able to breathe - to feed himself soup. For one, it was way too hot for him to feed himself and secondly, he would have gotten it everywhere.

Well, as you can see from the video below, we compromised and let him feed himself (in a diaper only) in his high chair. Cleanup was honestly not as bad as I anticipated - just a bath and diaper change for him and a quick tray cleanup. He only got one bean in the actual seat of the high chair - so I guess I should let him do this more often!

I know that with the new baby coming soon, I will need him to be more independent, but for now, I enjoy helping him / doing things for him. It is so hard to find the balance between keeping him little and letting him be independent. He is (and probably always will seem like) still my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment