Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Carter!



The Story of You

The day came when we saw two lines
We’re going to have a baby – we were on cloud nine

Anxiously waiting to see who you would be
And finding out you were our little boy – yippee!

Picking out the furniture and bedding
We made sure your room was the perfect setting

Dilated to 4 centimeters for over 3 weeks
Then finally an induction, we were too excited to speak

At 2:18, our long awaited gift arrived
A big 8 pound boy, the most wonderful surprise

Staring at you in the hospital all night long
Singing you lullabies and silly songs

Nursing and rocking you – what a treat
You have made our family complete

Learning to sit, roll, and stand
Changing from a baby to a little man

Hearing your laugh, your cry, your voice
These sounds make my heart rejoice

You love to read, play, and snuggle
Hide from Mommy and cause some trouble

From bottles then to sippie cups
Sleepless nights to waking you up

This year has flown by – I can’t believe you’re one
Thank you for making me a Mommy and being such a great son

For all the blessings you bring and loving me so true
My heart is walking around outside my chest….it’s in you.

Happy 1st Birthday, Carter. I love you and cannot imagine my life without you. You bring new joy to each day and more love to my life than I could have ever imagined.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment